President Muhammadu Buhari has congratulated the Super Eagles on their victory over Iceland in their second match at the Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup.
“The President expresses particular delight at the confidence, discipline, team-work and indomitable spirit displayed by the young Nigerian players,” Presidential spokesperson, Femi Adesina, said in a statement.
“President Buhari urges them not to limit themselves but sustain the current winning momentum by going all out against their last group opponent, Argentina, next week.”
The Presidential spokesperson further quoted the President as saying, “I am confident that if our players believe in themselves, they can qualify out of their difficult group and even go very far in the tournament,” adding that “with determination, nothing is impossible.”
Buhari urges all Nigerians to continue to rally round the Super Eagles with their prayers and other forms of support.
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On
- Liverpool Crown Paints Shirt: See What This Designer Did With It
- Jurgen Klopp Opens Up On Injury Setback Ahead Of Man Utd Clash
- Liverpool Fans Disappointed With Salah In Bayern Stalemate
- Chelsea List For Potential Maurizio Sarri Successor Formed
- A New Manchester United Captain May Have Been Found – Who Is It?
- Francis Uzoho Banned And Fined $1000 In Cyprus
- Liverpool Line Up Tonight Vs Bayern In Champions League Clash