Steven Gerrard has disclosed that he would like to bring Roma forward and Nigeria Under-23 international Sadiq Umar to Ibrox this summer.
The twenty-one-year-old scored twice in six Serie A appearances for Roma during the 2015-16 season but has spent time out on loan with Bologna, Torino and NAC Breda over the last couple of years.
The last term, Umar netted five times in 12 league matches for Breda, and the Rangers boss has confirmed that he is interested in bringing the striker to Scotland.
“We’re a fan of Umar Sadiq. He’d bring us a forward option – height, power, presence. He’s a player that works too hard believe it or not,” Gerrard was quoted as saying by the Daily Record.
“He does tons and tons of running. He’s very enthusiastic. He’s the type of player who gives you just as much out of possession as he does in possession which is very important.
“We’ve got an interest but at the moment he’s still a Roma player. It’s ongoing. We have to be respectful and see how it progresses but he’s someone we like.”
Rangers have also been rumored to have an interest in Southampton midfielder Steven Davis.
- Shock Name To Replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer At End Of Season
- Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo Launches £1m Orphanage Home In Lagos
- Esperance of Tunisia Officially Welcome Junior Lokosa
- Trent Alexander-Arnold & Gini Wijnaldum injury updates before Crystal Palace BAD for Liverpool
- Chelsea Great Petr Cech Announces Retirement
- Stamford Bridge stadium Face Closure As UEFA Opens Disciplinary Proceedings For Alleged Racist Chants
- Vandals Attack Former Super Eagles Captain Kanu Nwankwo, Cart Away Medals
- Man City Boss Pep Guardiola Reveals How He Will React If Liverpool Win The Premier League
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Hits At Jose Mourinho, Calls his Man Utd Tactics ‘Stupid’
- 2019 AFCON Trophy: Rohr Begs NFF to Give Him The Right Support To Win