Spanish television channel TVE a moment ago reported that Madrid had tabled an offer in excess of the £200m that PSG paid Barcelona for the Paris Saint-Germain attacker in the summer of 2017.
On the other hand, Los Blancos issued a statement on Monday night saying the rumor is “completely false”.
“Given the information tonight by TVE concerning a supposed offer from Real Madrid to PSG and the player Neymar, Real Madrid can confirm the information is completely false and have not made any offer to PSG or the player,” read a statement from the Spanish giants.
“Real Madrid is surprised that the Spanish television has broadcasted absolutely false information without anyone from the club being contacted to comment on the alleged information that could easily have been denied.”
Neymar, who scored 28 goals in 30 appearances for PSG last season, was on the scoresheet in Brazil’s 2-0 victory over Mexico on Monday afternoon in the last-16 stage of the World Cup in Russia.
- Shock Name To Replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer At End Of Season
- Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo Launches £1m Orphanage Home In Lagos
- Esperance of Tunisia Officially Welcome Junior Lokosa
- Trent Alexander-Arnold & Gini Wijnaldum injury updates before Crystal Palace BAD for Liverpool
- Chelsea Great Petr Cech Announces Retirement
- Stamford Bridge stadium Face Closure As UEFA Opens Disciplinary Proceedings For Alleged Racist Chants
- Vandals Attack Former Super Eagles Captain Kanu Nwankwo, Cart Away Medals
- Man City Boss Pep Guardiola Reveals How He Will React If Liverpool Win The Premier League
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Hits At Jose Mourinho, Calls his Man Utd Tactics ‘Stupid’
- 2019 AFCON Trophy: Rohr Begs NFF to Give Him The Right Support To Win