Real Madrid never knew it would be this tough losing talisman, Cristiano Ronaldo.
The Bernabeu side have already sacked a manager this term with Julen Lopetegui being replaced by Santi Solari, but they haven’t been able to replace Ronaldo, and scoring goals has been the problem.
With that in mind, Calcio Mercato believes Real Madrid are looking at five strikers to try and fill the gaping hole left by Ronaldo.
Here are the five they are looking at:
Mauro Icardi, 25, Inter Milan
The deadly Argentinian would be a marquee signing to really get bums back on seats at the Bernabeu, but he’ll cost. A lot.
Timo Werner, 22, RB Leipzig
The rising star has netted 11 times this season for RB Leipzig – making him one of the Bundesliga’s hottest properties.
The German World Cup striker’s current deal expires in 2020 and now Bild report he is hesitating on a new deal.
Krzysztof Piatek, 23, Genoa
The Pole scored 13 goals in just 19 games for Genoa and is taking Serie A by storm.
It may be too early for the former Cracovia striker – but Real are certainly keeping an eye on him.
Bas Dost, 29, Sporting Lisbon
A little bit older, but Dost has an amazing goal record for Sporting Lisbon. He’s hit an amazing 71 goals in 70 games for his Portuguese club.
That’s the sort of record Real are looking for.
Fernando Llorente, 33, Spurs
He may not have set the world on fire at Spurs but he’s well regarded in Spain and still only 33.
Seen as a more of a stock gap, Llorente has never been prolific.
Los Blancos at present sit fourth in the table – a massive eight points behind leaders Barcelona.
- Undercover Journalist Who Exposed Salisu Yusuf Bribery Scandal Murdered In Ghana
- Rohr to Retain Alex Iwobi As Super Eagles Playmaker For 2019 AFCON
- Arsenal Injury, Suspension List, Team News Ahead Of Manchester United Clash
- Tottenham To Sign Free Agent Former Man United Striker To REPLACE Harry Kane
- Court Stops Arrest Warrant Against Amaju Pinnick, Four Others
- Rohr to Return Lokosa to Super Eagles For AFCON 2019 After Esperance FC Move
- Super Eagles Head Coach Gernot Rohr Rules Bench Warmers Out of 2019 AFCON
- Kanu Nwankwo’s Medal Were Not Stolen From His Hardley Apartment – AMCON
- Solskjaer Reportedly Targets Exciting Attacker Deal, Man Utd Fans Hope He Isn’t Another Depay
- Why Liverpool Must Be Mindful Of Crystal Palace Peril In Anfield Clash