According to reports, Manchester United are willing to pay a world-record fee for Neymar to sign the Paris Saint-Germain star this summer.
The 26-year-old is coming to the end of his debut season in France following last summer’s record-breaking £198m move from Barcelona. He started his spell in Paris in fine form but suffered an injury earlier this year that has forced the attacker to miss the last few months of the campaign, though he should be fit for the World Cup.
However, the player has fallen out with PSG manager Unai Emery on numerous occasions, and despite Emery already confirming he will leave the club at the end of the season, Neymar still wishes to quit after just a single campaign in France.
The Sunday Mirror report that the Red Devils are ready to capitalize on this situation, with plans to rival Real Madrid for Neymar’s signature. Real Madrid has been long-term admirers of the Brazil superstar, and wish to bring him back to Spain this summer.
Manchester United are ready to pay over £200m for Neymar, breaking his own record as the world’s most expensive footballer that was set when he joined Paris for £198m in 2017, while they will also match his £30m-a-year wages.
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender