Ahmed Musa is expected to feature in some capacity for Nigeria in their World Cup opener against Croatia tonight by 8pm.
The 25-year-old is one of a trio of Foxes presently in Russia, together with Kelechi Iheanacho and Wilfred Ndidi.
And Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has confirmed that Musa, who returned to the Foxes following a loan move at former side CSKA Moscow last season, is going to play – be it in a starting role or off the bench.
Musa has featured in each of Nigeria’s warm-up matches – and could be the first Fox to play a part in the World Cup finals with Ricardo Pereira and Adrien Silva watching Portugal vs Spain 3-3 draw from the bench.
Should he and one of Iheanacho or Ndidi take to the field at the same time, they would make City history by featuring for the same team in the tournament while at the King Power Stadium.
“Musa now is very fit,” Rohr confirmed to journalists via fourfourtwo.com.au.
“I don’t know if he will start the game but if he’s not starting the game he will finish the game and we count on his speed and on his motivation to be a very dangerous forward.”
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight