Gernot Rohr says he’s contented with the performance of the duo of Samuel Chukwueze and Samuel Kalu who starred for their respective clubs over the weekend.
Chukwueze was lively in Villarreal’s lost to Barcelona at Camp Nuo, while Kalu came in the second half as Bordeaux fought back twice to rescue against visiting heavyweight Paris Saint Germain at the Nouveau Stade de Bordeaux on Sunday.
“I was a Special Guest at Kalu’s Bordeaux versus PSG game. In fact, any time I am at home in France I always assist Bordeaux.
“So I watched the match live. Kalu came in after 67 minutes. He had a good performance. He actually changed the match.
“He had an immediate impact. He had a strong pressing and also gave good crosses. His team will play again on Wednesday against St. Etienne,” the Super Eagles Coach said.
Rohr who’s presently in France added that he was impressed with the showing of 19-year-old Chukwueze against Barca.
“I also watched Samuel Chukwueze on television. He had an interesting performance against Barcelona also. I am very happy with these players.”
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On