To Earn World Cup spots, Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr is said to be involved in some underhand dealings of some Nigerian players that could endanger the chances of the national team’s performance at the 2018 World Cup, according to Allnigeriasoccer.com.
The German is towing the line of Clemens Westerhof, the Nigeria 1994 World Cup coach, who cajoled the likes of Emmanuel Amuneke and Daniel Amokachi to sign for Duisburg and Club Brugge respectively.
Rumours have emerged that Rohr in collaboration with DW Sports Management is forcing some Super Eagles players to sign representative agreements with the French-based agency or be omitted from the World Cup roster.
Allnigeriasoccer.com claims that Moses Simon was financially induced by DW Sports Management before he penned the representation contract and will pocket a percentage of the commission if he joins a new club after leaving Belgium. Third parties influencing the transfer of players is a breach of FIFA’s rules.
Bursaspor defender, William Troost-Ekong was likewise approached to join DW Sports Management but he turned down their offer despite Rohr surprisingly giving him the captain’s armband against Poland last month in a World Cup friendly.
DW Sports Management also manages the affairs of other Nigerian players like Henry Onyekuru, Mikel Agu, Oghenekaro Etebo, Brian Idowu and Abdullahi Shehu, bringing the total number of players they handle and sure of World Cup spots to seven and still counting.
There is every possibility (if this report by Allnigeriasoccer.com is true) that Rohr and DW Sports Management’s antics could affect the Super Eagles performance at Russia 2018 if the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) does not caution them now!
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender