Scouts working for the Super Eagles of Nigeria say they are still keeping tabs on Maduka Okoye as they hope to bolster the squad ahead of the Africa Cup of Nations next year.
It now seems Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr wants to consider giving the 19-year-old Germany- based goalkeeper a chance to prove his worth to Nigerians before next year’s AFCON.
“Yes, it is true that Coach Rohr has been monitoring a whole lot of players of late and Maduka is one of them. We have given the coach our findings and it’s now left for him to decide who to invite.
“We have a good squad already but the coach wants to ensure we have at least two solid players for every position to ensure there is stiff competition for places ahead of the AFCON,” an Eagles’ scout told GoalBall.
Rohr has always said that he wants healthy competition for places ahead of the 2019 AFCON so the scouting for Maduka will not surprise many Nigerians.
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On