Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has reacted to Tyronne Ebuehi’s return to Benfica training after recovering from ankle ligament damage in pre-season.
Ebuehi joined Portuguese giants last summer on a free transfer after impressing performance at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia but ligament damage during pre-season saw him spend six months on the sidelines.
Rohr claims that the 23-year-old right-back will likely make the squad for the next AFCON 2019 Qualifiers against Seychelles base on his recovery before the game next month.
According to Owngoalnigeria, the German tactician spoke in Abuja: “Our programme all the time is to improve the level of our Super Eagles and to respect what they are doing in the clubs.
“It is a moment to monitor our players to see if they are fit and of course have some news also from our injured players.
“Like Tyron, who is in the training again but he can’t start playing; also Ahmed Musa who has an injury at the moment.
“The match against Seychelles is not easy because everybody believes it will be won easily.
Super Eagles are already qualified for this summer’s AFCON but Nigeria welcomes Seychelles in the last group game before taking on Egypt in an international friendly game in March.
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On