Gernot Rohr is likely to reveal his provisional Super Eagles World Cup list today, after a painstaking exercise of consultation with coaches and Nigerian Football Federation technical committee officials according to reports.
Although some of the key players who worked for the World Cup qualification for the team are now doubtful due to injuries, we hear some of them are getting back to full fitness.
Toyin Ibitoye, Super Eagles spokesman said “The coaches have done their work and are putting finishing touches to the provisional list from which our final squad for the World Cup will be released.
“I know that a lot of extensive work has been done. I will not be surprised if Rohr sticks with those he has been working with.
“I will also not be surprised if maybe, one or two players based on what they are doing presently and their shape now are also able to break into the World Cup squad. “Any of these scenarios is a possibility.”
Ibitoye also noted that some of the players with injuries were recuperating and have resumed training.
This is how he put it: “We have a month and a few days to the World Cup. Some players like Leon Balogun, Ogenyi Onazi, Wilfred Ndidi and Tyron Ebue are recovering from injuries and have started training.
“Balogun and Onazi have started playing for their clubs.
“Generally speaking, we have nothing to worry about in terms of our boys because those who are recovering are being well monitored and the reports from the medical team are very positive.”
Let’s see how Rohr’s Super Eagles World Cup list pan out.
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed