Super Eagles midfielder Wilfred Ndidi gas has been seen in training separately for the second day in a row and Completesportsnigeria.com says they authoritatively know the reason for this.
Contrary to speculations that the decision to have Ndidi train separately was as a result of injury concerns, coach Gernot Rohr had exclusively told Complete Football magazine’s special World Cup edition (complete sports sister publication) that the Leicester City star will be put on a special programme at the Eagles camp after a grueling season in which he played over 40 games for the Foxes.
In the interview just before Ndidi’s injury in the game against Crystal Palace which ended his season for Leicester City, Rohr had disclosed that he had a special training plan for the player.
When asked if he was worried over the number of games played by the Leicester City star and the possibility of a burnout before the World Cup, Rohr responded: “Ndidi is playing so many games without the benefit of a Christmas break or holiday. I talked to his manager Claude Puel to give him a break after our two friendly games in which we also needed him to play so we couldn’t rest him.
“The manager listened to my appeal and gave him one match to rest which I don’t think was enough but he’s young and committed so I believe he will recover quickly.
“We plan to give him one week break after his club’s last game of the season before he will join up with the national team. Then we will start a specific programme for him to allow him to recover fully before the first game against Croatia.”
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight