Portugal finished runners-up of Group B at the World Cup after drawing 1-1 with Iran in Saransk, and will now face Uruguay who are the winners of Group A, in the next round on Saturday.
Portugal took the lead in the last minute of the first half through Ricardo Quaresma who curled in a terrific shot. Six minutes into the second half they were given a penalty for a foul on Cristiano Ronaldo, as a result of VAR. But the penalty was stopped by Iran’s goalkeeper, Alireza Beiranvand.
Ronaldo was then investigated for a possible red-card offense by VAR but escaped with just a yellow card booking.
Then, in added time, Iran were awarded a penalty on VAR for handball by Cédric Soares and it was beautifully converted by Karim Ansarifard.
Seconds later, Iran had a chance to win it, but Mehdi Taremi sent his shot into the side-netting when he should have scored.
Iran are not out of the tournament as well as Morocco.
- Shock Name To Replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer At End Of Season
- Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo Launches £1m Orphanage Home In Lagos
- Esperance of Tunisia Officially Welcome Junior Lokosa
- Trent Alexander-Arnold & Gini Wijnaldum injury updates before Crystal Palace BAD for Liverpool
- Chelsea Great Petr Cech Announces Retirement
- Stamford Bridge stadium Face Closure As UEFA Opens Disciplinary Proceedings For Alleged Racist Chants
- Vandals Attack Former Super Eagles Captain Kanu Nwankwo, Cart Away Medals
- Man City Boss Pep Guardiola Reveals How He Will React If Liverpool Win The Premier League
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Hits At Jose Mourinho, Calls his Man Utd Tactics ‘Stupid’
- 2019 AFCON Trophy: Rohr Begs NFF to Give Him The Right Support To Win