Cristiano Ronaldo’s sisters, Elma and Katia Aveiro has made some serious claims about Real Madrid’s Luka Modric saying that he won the 2018 Ballon d’Or due to the influence of “Mafia and money”.
Taking to their Instagram pages, CR7’s sisters praised their brother and insisted that he is still the World’s best footballer.
Writing on Instagram, his sister Elma Aveiro said: “Unfortunately this is the world we live in, rotten, with mafia and money. The power of God is a lot greater than all this rottenness. God takes His time but he doesn’t fail,” reports Independent UK, which translated her post.
His other sister, Katia Aveiro, added alongside a picture of the Juventus forward holding the Ballon d’Or trophy, “Best player in the world….for those who understand football of course.”
Ronaldo was second-placed in this year’s award, which was held on Monday night in Paris.
This is the first time that a footballer other than Ronaldo or Lionel Messi would win the prestigious award in over a decade.
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On