Ex Tottenham Hotspur and Egypt striker, Mido has advised Mohamed Salah to leave Liverpool for Real Madrid in the summer, and also hailed him as “The best player in the history of Egyptian football”.
Salah has light up the Premier League this season, scoring 30 goals after returning to England’s top-flight following a spell in Italy, leaving former club Chelsea to regret their decision to sell the forward two years ago.
The 25-year-old reached the remarkable landmark of 30 Premier League goals in one season on Saturday as he netted in Liverpool’s 3-0 win over Watford.
The goal helps him to restore his lead of five goals over Tottenham striker Harry Kane, who was controversially awarded a goal against Stoke City last weekend.
Mido has told Salah to leave the Reds this summer should Los Blancos come calling.
“I know many people will disagree with this, but in my opinion, Mohamed Salah is the best player in the history of Egyptian football.
“Salah’s mentality is much better than mine. When I was young I did not get any advice, and this would come to hurt me later on.
“We could see how strong he was mentally with the way he handled himself when he didn’t play at Chelsea.
“Real Madrid want him, and we have all seen the poor performances of Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema with the 4-4-2.
“I was afraid that Salah might fail at Liverpool, but I think he is ready to jump to the next level. Real Madrid would be able to use his strengths.”
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed