Scotland’s new manager, Alex McLeish confirmed that he’ll name the twenty-one year old in the squad that’ll face Costa Rica in a friendly later in March.
England has shown little interest in calling up McTominay who has become a core player in the United starting lineup over the past few months. He’s played 16 times this season for the Red Devils.
McLeish said: “He will be in the squad. I don’t think that’s the world’s best kept secret at this particular moment. Scott was very receptive. I looked him in the eye and he gave me passion about playing for Scotland. I saw the passion and I really felt that we had nailed it that day.”
Even if McTominay does play for Scotland in the friendly against Costa Rica on March 23, he can still play for England in the future as it isn’t a competitive game.
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed