Nigeria’s Senate President Bukola Saraki will attend today’s Super Eagles second Group D World Cup 2018 match with Iceland in Volgograd, Russia.
Other notable Nigerians on ground to support the Eagles include the Ambassador of Nigeria to the Russian Federation, Professor Steve Davies Ugbah, the Permanent Secretary in the Youth and Sports Ministry, Mr. Olusade Adesola, Nigeria’s IOC Member Habu Ahmed Gumel and a full complement of the NFF Executive Committee led by the President, Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick.
NFF’s Director of Communication, Ademola Olajire, confirmed to Nigerian sports journalists covering the Mundial in Russia that there will also be distinguished senators and members of the House of Representatives, members of the NFF Congress, directors in the ministry, NFF management and staff, football stakeholders including former presidents and secretaries-general of the NFF, and a large number of members of the Nigeria Football Supporters Club and Nigerians resident in Russia.
Some of the past NFF presidents present in Russia are Gen. Dominic Oneya, Ibrahim Galadima, Kojo Williams, etc. Also here are past secretary generals like Drs Tijani Yusuf and Bolaji Ojo-Oba, Sani Toro and Taiwo Ogunjobi.
A victory this afternoon will be a turning point in Nigeria’s 2018 FIFA World Cup campaign as it will give hope to the three-time African champions making it to the knock out stage that has become the country’s benchmark since her first appearance at USA ‘94.
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash