Sepp Blatter says he will prefer England to host the 2030 FIFA World Cup.
The Former FIFA president, whose reign at the governing body ended in 2015 in the midst of its corruption scandal, told Sky Sports News that a joint bid involving the other home nations would also be a strong contender for that year’s competition.
“I think that England deserves to organize the World Cup. They have had it in 1966 so it is a long time ago,” he said.
“With Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland they will be candidates I am sure.
“With 48 teams [in a World Cup], you need more than one country [to host].”
The 2022 World Cup is expected to hold in Qatar, while the USA, Mexico, and Canada were of late named as co-hosts for the 2026 tournament.
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight