It has emerged that South Africa is set to compete with Morocco about hosting the AFCON but the South African Football Association (SAFA) have decided to consult with the SA government first before they can consider bidding for the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON).
CAF stripped Cameroon the rights to host the tournament on Friday due to the delays in their preparations for Africa’ biggest showpiece in soccer.
“We have to deal with the government first before we can talk about the desire to hosts. For now, it is premature for me to talk about wanting to host the tournament. We have to consult with the government first. CAF haven’t formally approached us. Even if they do but there’s the bidding process,” Paul said.
South Africa have successfully hosted two AFCON tournaments before in 1996 and 2013.
Bafana Bafana have been heavily criticised in the past for playing in major tournaments as hosts and fail when they have to do it through qualification process.
Only a single point will see Bafana booking their spot into the AFCON but maybe they won’t need that if CAF make their mind up to hand them the rights to hosts the AFCON.
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On