Southampton are looking to appoint Ralph Hasenhuttl as manager following Mark Hughes’ sack.
Hughes, appointed in March, managed to keep Southampton Football Club up last season and was rewarded with a three-year contract in the summer along with coaches Mark Bowen and Eddie Niedzwiecki.
While Saints work to bring in Hasenhuttl, first-team assistant coach and fans’ favourite Kelvin Davis will be in the dugout when Saints head to Tottenham on Wednesday.
“Southampton Football Club can today confirm it has parted company with First Team Manager Mark Hughes,” said a club statement.
“Assistant First Team Manager Mark Bowen and Assistant First Team Coach Eddie Niedzwiecki have also left the club. We would like to express our thanks to Mark and his staff for all of their efforts during their time at St Mary’s. The search for a new manager to take the club forward is already underway.”
First Team Assistant Coach Kelvin Davis will be in charge of the team for Wednesday’s Premier League match against Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley.
Davis has made just one start in all competitions, against Brighton in the League Cup back in August.
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On