Spain have sacked their coach Julen Lopetegui one day before the World Cup.
Lopetegui was announced as the next Real Madrid manager last night and the Spanish FA claims that Los Blancos negotiated with the 51-year-old manager without their consent.
President Luis Rubiales is thought to be “furious” and “deeply upset” with the situation.
Rumor has it that, the Spanish FA came to know about Lopetegui’s Real Madrid move just five minutes before the official confirmation.
It will be interesting to see who replaces the Spaniard’s coach before they take on Portugal in their World Cup opener on Friday night. The Portuguese will be determined to take advantage of the bedlam surrounding the Spanish camp.
Spain were considered as one of the favorites to win the World Cup this summer but the exit of Lopetegui at the last minute could have a demoralizing effect on the players.
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed