Gernot Rohr has owned up that Super Eagles defenders will not be able to stop Bayern Munich goal man, Robert Lewandowski from scoring when they meet at the Municipal Stadium on Friday, March 23.
The Super Eagles coach believes that the Poland captain is in the same bracket as 2 of the most dangerous strikers in the world, Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi & Real Madrid’s Portuguese sensation Cristiano Ronaldo.
Rohr told journalists: ”This cannot be done. We can only make him score as few goals as possible. With him is like with Messi, they just cannot be excluded from the game.
”Lewandowski, next to Messi and Ronaldo, is one of the three best players in the world. Among the central attackers number one. ”
Rohr hinted that he’ll prefer if the Poland coach, Adam Nawalka includes Lewandowski in the starting line-up for the upcoming friendly game, saying this will prepare the super eagles for the game against Argentina’s deadly duo Messi and Aguero at the FIFA World Cup.
”I hope that your team will go to the field in the strongest lineup. I am counting on Lewandowski’s performance.
”Battling with such an attacker is to prepare my players to be able to face Messi and Agüero during the World Cup.
”Besides, I do not hide that I like him a lot, because he plays in Bayern, and I also played in this team,” he added.
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed