According to The Vanguard, the Super Eagles captain, Mikel Obi would play in the all-important last game against Argentina in the Group Games of the Russia World Cup on Tuesday in St Petersburg.
The Tiajin Teda trojan sustained a wrist injury during Nigeria’s 2-0 victory over Iceland at the Volgograd Arena on Friday and caused so much panic in the team.
But the team’s coach Gernot Rohr quelled the fears during a post-match conference when he said that it was a minor injury that would not stop him from leading out the team against Argentina that needs a win to survive early dismissal from the World Cup.
A dependable source from the Eagles camp said yesterday that the Captain instead would wear a protective arm guard in the face-off against Argentina.
“The injury is not as we first thought. Mikel has a Lion-heart. He’ll be wearing an arm-guard to play the match”, the source disclosed.
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed