Gernot Rohr has says he hopes the Super Eagles play at least three warm-up matches leading up to next year’s AFCON.
Nigeria have already qualified for the African showpiece football event with a match to spare and so their final qualifier at home against Seychelles will be inconsequential.
“Besides the match against Seychelles in March, we hope to play three more friendlies including one in March and some at the end of May,” Rohr revealed.
The Super Eagles coach has already picked Uyo as the training base for the AFCON, saying the good pitch at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium was the main attraction.
Nigeria have won the AFCON thrice (1980, 1994 and 2013), but are only back in the tournament proper in four years after they failed to qualify for the last two editions in 2015 and 2017.
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On