In a Super Eagles Pre-World Cup friendly, Gernot Rohr said that Nigeria was “lucky” to defeat Poland 1-0 last night at Municipal Stadium, Wroclaw.
The Nigeria coach added that the Polish were “very solid” and Lewandowski created big opportunities for his team to score & was very dangerous with set pieces.
Victor Moses scored the only goal for the Super Eagles via a penalty kick in the 61st minute after being brought down in the box 18.
“We were lucky to have won this game against a very solid Polish side. They created some big opportunities to score and were dangerous from set pieces that we found difficult to cope with, but I praise my team for their victory.
“This team is young but also a team of leaders. If we stay humble and continue to work hard to improve our play we have huge potentials, but beating two FIFA top ten teams in friendlies doesn’t mean we are now World Cup favorites, Rohr said after the game that saw 41,000 spectators present.”
The next Super Eagles Pre-World Cup friendly will be played against Serbia n London on Tuesday.
Serbia were beaten 2-1 by Morocco in Torino, Italy in another Pre-World Cup friendly of the evening with goals from Hakim Ziyech and Khalid Boutaib. The Serbs scored through Dusan Tadic.
In other Pre-World Cup friendlies involving the Africa’s World Cup hopefuls, Tunisia trashed Iran 1-0, Senegal drew 1-1 against Uzbekistan while Egypt lost 2-1 to European champions, Portugal.
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash