The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) President, Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick, says the body has dedicated Nigeria’s win over Iceland to President Muhammadu Buhari while reaffirming that the Super Eagles will make an impact in Russia.
“NFF dedicates this win to President Muhammadu Buhari for his massive support and the fatherly role he has played to the NFF and the national teams. Our president has created a much-conducive environment for football to thrive.
“I also want to especially appreciate the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo; the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, and members of the presidential delegation led by the Minister of Sports, Solomon Dalung, and the permanent secretary in the ministry, Mr. Olusade Adesola, as well as, our IOC member, Habu Gumel.”
Pinnick also expressed gratitude to senators and House of Rep members who are in Russia to support the Eagles, as well as other major stakeholders, including ex NFF presidents, general secretaries, Nigeria legends including, Chief Olusegun Odegbami, who gave a stirring spirit-boosting talk to the team before the game, ex-Super Eagles’ coach, Chief Adegboye Onigbinde and other well-known Nigerians who watched the match in Volgograd.
“I appreciate the hard work and passion of my colleagues on the NFF Board over the years, the commitment and loyalty of members of the NFF Congress, the dedication of NFF management and staff, and other stakeholders, including club owners and our army of media representatives, who are here in Russia.
“I want to assure everyone that Friday’s win over Iceland only signaled the beginning of great tidings in Russia.”
Ahmed Musa scored a brace as Nigeria now lead Argentina and Iceland to second place in Group D.
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On
- Liverpool Crown Paints Shirt: See What This Designer Did With It
- Jurgen Klopp Opens Up On Injury Setback Ahead Of Man Utd Clash
- Liverpool Fans Disappointed With Salah In Bayern Stalemate
- Chelsea List For Potential Maurizio Sarri Successor Formed
- A New Manchester United Captain May Have Been Found – Who Is It?
- Francis Uzoho Banned And Fined $1000 In Cyprus
- Liverpool Line Up Tonight Vs Bayern In Champions League Clash