Switzerland has made it to the round of 16 at the World Cup despite twice losing the lead in a 2-2 draw with Costa Rica, which are already out of the tournament.
Costa Rica scored from Bryan Ruiz spot-kick in stoppage time to tie the game on Wednesday night, but it didn’t affect Switzerland’s progression as the second-place team in Group E.
Brazil topped the group after defeating Serbia 2-0 and will play Mexico while Switzerland will play Sweden.
Bjerim Dzemaili scored Switzerland’s first goal from close range shot after being set up by a header from Breel Embolo.
Costa Rica got its first goal in competition when defender Kendall Waston headed in a corner early in the second to equalize.
Substitute Josip Drmic put Switzerland up 2-1 in the 88th minute. Ruiz’s penalty kick hit the crossbar and next bounced in off of goalkeeper Yann Sommer.
- Shock Name To Replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer At End Of Season
- Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo Launches £1m Orphanage Home In Lagos
- Esperance of Tunisia Officially Welcome Junior Lokosa
- Trent Alexander-Arnold & Gini Wijnaldum injury updates before Crystal Palace BAD for Liverpool
- Chelsea Great Petr Cech Announces Retirement
- Stamford Bridge stadium Face Closure As UEFA Opens Disciplinary Proceedings For Alleged Racist Chants
- Vandals Attack Former Super Eagles Captain Kanu Nwankwo, Cart Away Medals
- Man City Boss Pep Guardiola Reveals How He Will React If Liverpool Win The Premier League
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Hits At Jose Mourinho, Calls his Man Utd Tactics ‘Stupid’
- 2019 AFCON Trophy: Rohr Begs NFF to Give Him The Right Support To Win