Cristiano Ronaldo’s move to Juventus may have been the reason the Portuguese star failed to land the UEFA Player of the Year award. Luka Modric was awarded the prize in Monaco on Thursday. He received 223 votes, 90 fewer than Modric.
And Ronaldo winning ‘The Best’ and the Ballon d’Or awards isn’t a certainty if you ask me.
Could the Ballon d’Or now follow for Modric because I believe Modric could break Ronaldo and Messi’s duopoly.
Ronaldo’s agent, Jorge Mendes, reacted furiously to Modric claiming the UEFA Player of the Year award at UEFA’s ceremony on Thursday.
“It’s simply ridiculous, embarrassing even,” Mendes told Portuguese newspaper Record.
“There’s no doubt who the winner should be.”
And Ronaldo’s sister has chimed in with a in the same way.
Katia Aveiro posted an image comparing Ronaldo and Modric’s stats in the Champions League last season on Instagram Stories.
Her message roughly translates to: “This!!!! Draw your own conclusions”.
The 33-year-old didn’t attend the ceremony in Monaco.
Ronaldo was though named Champions League Forward of the Season.
Photo Credit: The Star
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed