Unai Emery has played down suggestions that Arsenal could be lining up a transfer move to sign Real Madrid goalkeeper Keylor Navas.
The rumour may have come as something of a surprise to Gunners fans given that Arsenal brought in a new goalkeeper in the form of Bernd Leno in the summer transfer window.
Now, Emery has moved to pour cold water on suggestions that the Gunners could be set to make a move to bring the 32-year-old from Real Madrid to The Emirates.
Asked directly about the reports linking Arsenal with a move for Navas, Emery told a news conference on Friday: “Not true.
“We never speak about one goalkeeper because I think – and it’s true – we are very happy with the three goalkeepers we have now. We’ve never spoken about Keylor Navas.”
Navas has only made two appearances in La Liga for Real Madrid so far this season.
The north London side are likely to be linked with a number of players this month as the mid-season transfer window gives Emery the chance to strengthen his squad.
Arsenal currently find themselves in fifth place in the Premier League table as they look to try and break back into the Champions League qualification spots before the season is out.
- Rohr to Retain Alex Iwobi As Super Eagles Playmaker For 2019 AFCON
- Arsenal Injury, Suspension List, Team News Ahead Of Manchester United Clash
- Tottenham To Sign Free Agent Former Man United Striker To REPLACE Harry Kane
- Court Stops Arrest Warrant Against Amaju Pinnick, Four Others
- Rohr to Return Lokosa to Super Eagles For AFCON 2019 After Esperance FC Move
- Super Eagles Head Coach Gernot Rohr Rules Bench Warmers Out of 2019 AFCON
- Kanu Nwankwo’s Medal Were Not Stolen From His Hardley Apartment – AMCON
- Solskjaer Reportedly Targets Exciting Attacker Deal, Man Utd Fans Hope He Isn’t Another Depay
- Why Liverpool Must Be Mindful Of Crystal Palace Peril In Anfield Clash
- Barcelona set price for Philippe Coutinho to Man Utd transfer & it’s lower than expected