A video clip was posted by Arsenal showing Alexandre Lacazette’s nine goals across all competitions so far this season, which has prompted a strong response from supporters in the process.
Lacazette, in fact, started the campaign as back-up to Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, coming off the bench against Manchester City, Chelsea and West Ham United.
It was his impact in two of those three matches which earned the striker a start against Cardiff City in gameweek four and he sent a message to Unai Emery by scoring as well as claiming an assist in a 3-2 victory.
From there the Frenchman has pretty much been a regular in the side and has scored eight more times since.
Arsenal’s official Twitter account posted a mini clip of all nine goals on Monday morning, with one supporter claiming Lacazette should be in double figures for the season after his strike at Old Trafford went down as an own goal.
L A C A Z E T T E
😎 Our number 9️⃣ now has 9️⃣ goals so far this season…
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) January 7, 2019
But the general feeling amongst some supporters on social media is how many goals Lacazette would have if he completed 90 minutes more often.
Lacazette has only played a full match since the 1-1 draw against Wolves on November 11, 2018, and it’s something fans are eager to see change in 2019.
See the best responses on Twitter…
A No 9 like this with natural instinct like this needs to be playing week in week out 🙈
— Max (@max10mitch) January 7, 2019
The greater the game time the greater the number of goals .
— Tk Mzee (@TakuMuzavazi) January 7, 2019
If only he got playing time as auba
— Frances Hutasoit (@FrancesHutasoit) January 7, 2019
Think how many he might have if he played 90 mins.
— Tris (@MrTristy1) January 7, 2019
He’ll only keep them coming if he plays more than 60 minutes
— Sammie (@Sammie_511) January 7, 2019
Can you just play him for 90mins pic.twitter.com/pUwvD7UdYl
— Vudu-Child (@IamMmanuel) January 7, 2019
If he managed to get a full 90 every game he’d easily be on 13/14 goals 🤷🏻♂️
— Dave (@ds79coyg) January 7, 2019
All I ask is to play him for a full 90 minutes
— L9ca (@Laxazette) January 7, 2019
Would have more if you stopped subbing him
— Dean Ryan (@DeanRyan77) January 7, 2019
Arsenal’s next game is a London derby against the Hammers this weekend.
- Undercover Journalist Who Exposed Salisu Yusuf Bribery Scandal Murdered In Ghana
- Rohr to Retain Alex Iwobi As Super Eagles Playmaker For 2019 AFCON
- Arsenal Injury, Suspension List, Team News Ahead Of Manchester United Clash
- Tottenham To Sign Free Agent Former Man United Striker To REPLACE Harry Kane
- Court Stops Arrest Warrant Against Amaju Pinnick, Four Others
- Rohr to Return Lokosa to Super Eagles For AFCON 2019 After Esperance FC Move
- Super Eagles Head Coach Gernot Rohr Rules Bench Warmers Out of 2019 AFCON
- Kanu Nwankwo’s Medal Were Not Stolen From His Hardley Apartment – AMCON
- Solskjaer Reportedly Targets Exciting Attacker Deal, Man Utd Fans Hope He Isn’t Another Depay
- Why Liverpool Must Be Mindful Of Crystal Palace Peril In Anfield Clash