The Atletico Madrid defender is currently starring at the World Cup and has already helped his side to impressive wins over Nigeria and Argentina.
It seems Croatia are set for a big summer ahead and Vrsaljko could be busy beyond his time in Russia as well because Premier League giants Chelsea are tracking him.
Italian outlet TMW reports that Inter Milan and Napoli have both cooled their interest in the Atletico Madrid defender which has alerted the Blues to a potential move for him.
Vrsaljko, previously of Dinamo Zagreb, Genoa and Sassuolo, is under contract with Atletico until June 2022 but TMW claim that he may be leaving Spain after just two seasons.
The 26-year-old has started both of Croatia’s opening Group C victories at the World Cup but wasn’t an ever-present for Atletico the last term.
Chelsea, meanwhile, have used Nigeria’s Victor Moses as their right wing-back in recent seasons and also have Davide Zappacosta in that position.
Vrsaljko, rated at around £25m, could be drafted in to give more competition.
The turn out with Antonio Conte at Stamford Bridge and his future remain to be seen as that may have to be sorted out before any signings can be made.
- Shock Name To Replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer At End Of Season
- Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo Launches £1m Orphanage Home In Lagos
- Esperance of Tunisia Officially Welcome Junior Lokosa
- Trent Alexander-Arnold & Gini Wijnaldum injury updates before Crystal Palace BAD for Liverpool
- Chelsea Great Petr Cech Announces Retirement
- Stamford Bridge stadium Face Closure As UEFA Opens Disciplinary Proceedings For Alleged Racist Chants
- Vandals Attack Former Super Eagles Captain Kanu Nwankwo, Cart Away Medals
- Man City Boss Pep Guardiola Reveals How He Will React If Liverpool Win The Premier League
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Hits At Jose Mourinho, Calls his Man Utd Tactics ‘Stupid’
- 2019 AFCON Trophy: Rohr Begs NFF to Give Him The Right Support To Win