Leon Balogun got his chance to shine after coming in from the reserve arena to make a lasting impression on the minds of his opponent and fans at large.
The light-skinned defender’s first touch found the back of the net of their opponent Crystal Palace.
The Brighton defender scored just 25 seconds after coming on as a substitute to replace fellow teammate Gross who was injured.
Balogun’s goal is now the second quickest goal scored by a substitute in the Premier League this season after Daniel Sturridge against West Ham scored in 24 seconds.
The Super Eagles defender has been on the reserve terrain for quite some time until redemption day came beckoning as he seized the opportunity by making history in the EPL. Hopefully, this might change his status for the best in the English team.
Watch: Leon Balogun’s First EPL Goal pic.twitter.com/nkCwBfASKa
— GoalBall (@goalballng) December 6, 2018
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On