The Ex-Nigeria international made the observation upon arrival in Nairobi on Thursday.
The 35-year old is in the country as a guest of giant gaming firm SportPesa and graced the ongoing SportPesa Super Cup semi-finals in Nakuru.
“It is not going be easy for the Super Eagles,” said the burly forward, who missed an open goal against South Korea, while featuring for his country at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
“To stand a chance, the selected players will have to believe in themselves and take their chances, if we can progress from that group then thereafter anything can happen.”
Nigeria alongside Argentina, Croatia, and Iceland are pooled in Group D and will be fighting for one of the two slots available in the round of sixteen of this rewarding football tournament which will be broadcast live and free on NTV and Kwese TV.
The winning team at the SportPesa Super Cup will head to England to face Everton at Goodison Park in July, and Yakubu Aiyegbeni adds that the lucky side should expect a ‘fantastic’ atmosphere.
“The club is so special. They call it the people’s club in England. It brings everyone together. They (winning team at the SportPesa Super Cup) are going to love it over there in England, the atmosphere is going be great for sure.”
The former Everton forward’s career path has also taken him to Portsmouth, Leicester, Blackburn, Reading and Coventry City in England alongside enjoying stints in Israel and China.
Gor Mahia will face Tanzanian giants Simba in the SportPesa Super Cup final on Sunday.
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight